Covaire City’s Event ❖ Alphas’ Reckoning ❖ April 23rd - April 27th
All slaves stand in the large metallic plane, shifting and stumbling into each other as it moves. It almost seems like a gift when they are about to be unloaded, a monotonous voice coming over the intercom to tell them to prepare to enter the Arena. Guards enter the holding area, opening the doors that keep all the slaves inside. They must all drop 15 feet into the arena. The unwilling ones are shoved until they all begin to trickle out of the plane, landing in the deep waters of the swamp. But not everyone who dives in resurfaces. Slaves are trampled by others trying to escape the cluttered area, while some get a head start with their kills and murder the unexpected. Startled venomous snakes now snap at those unfortunate enough to pass them. Other creatures previously lurking below, such as crocodiles trained to have a thirst for blood, are attracted to the chaos for a meal.
Welcome to the Arena.
As if the games were not difficult enough as slaves are pitted against each other and made to brutally murder others to survive, they take place in an environment that is in itself; a challenge. The wetlands all the slaves are dropped into have been personally selected by the Alphas and altered to make them all the more dangerous. The Arena consists of many areas that have both something to help slaves as well as something to harm them:
- Pros: It is here where slaves may acquire the only water to be found in the Arena. It’s filthy, but drinkable. Numerous animals inhabit the area; some may be killed and eaten to fill your stomachs to avoid becoming weak from starvation. Trees rooted throughout the area may provide a temporary escape from predators that surface from the water. The most that can naturally be obtained can be found here.
- Cons: While the water is provided, it is unwise to stay long. At 3 in the afternoon, when the sun is high in the sky it makes the pond extremely hot, and this is when spores just at the edges are triggered. They release a toxin into the air that induces extreme coughing, nausea, headaches, and fatigue. This impairs you, preventing you from performing at your best. This is not the only threat, however; predators lurk beneath the algae that coats the pond and will strike when the opportunity arises. Be careful of which animals you select to eat, for some are harmful to the human body. Because of its resources, you are never alone. Be careful of your surroundings, slaves.
- Pros: Surrounding the pond are trees and brushes. This offers places to hide, giving slaves the opportunity to crawl into areas that might conceal them from others. There is an absence of wildlife here; fewer creatures lurk here that pose much of a threat. Littered throughout are makeshift shelters, sheds that can hold one person for a night, or larger buildings that could house numerous.
- Cons: While you can take shelter in the shed-like shacks provided, be warned that they may be occupied. Be careful as to who you might cross inside. Larger shelters that hold many have been taken over by slaves who have come together to form a murderous band to easily take down other slaves. They consist mostly of werewolf slaves who are more than willing to end your life.
- Pros: A small area with absolutely no animals, tress or any traps, it contains only the Pit. Here you can, if you dare, enter the Pit to get weapons or try and obtain more useful supplies.
- Cons: A ruthless pair, one Vampire Master and one Werewolf Mistress, guards the Pit. Their whole objective throughout the games is to attempt to murder any who attempt to escape the Pit with weapons. Other slaves are trying to get supplies as well and may attack you to take whatever weapon you have grabbed. Fights in the Pit are the worst as escape is difficult and the Pit Guards can join in to turn the odds in their favor.